Sunday, April 16, 2006

Feckin' Easter!

Some prick gets nailed to a tree 2000 years ago and I can't buy a beer at the supermarket!

I can buy one at the pub, but I perfer to drink at home- no driving involved. I've just finished working two weeks of double shifts and my skin is cracking!

I can't get anything out of the beer fridge as the CO2 cylinder has run out and I haven't had a chance to get a new one.

Back to that Arrack that I stashed away 6 or seven years ago. It's not too bad with Ginger Beer.

Feckin' bible nazis ! We should crucify the lot of them- along with the wankers in parliment that haven't repealed these shithouse laws.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Capitalism will be reactivated and normal services will resume shortly.

Oswald Bastable said...

I sometimes make my own wort for a special brew, but really, the kits are there and are excellent, especially the more up-market ones.

I don't filter, but after fermentation, I transfer the brew to a container and cold-condition it for a week, then keg it in 19 litre stainess steel post-mix kegs and carbonate. It then sits in the keg (chilled) for another week before drinking.

This clears it up nicely- next brew I will take to work and do a clarity test, now that I'm working in a filtration plant!

I have converted an old fridge to take two kegs and can have two different brews on tap.

I often have beer in one and homemade lemonade, soda water or ginger beer in the other keg.

Oswald Bastable said...

That would be a fair assumption!

Oswald Bastable said...

I usually use Coopers or Muntons. Munton's Conkerwood Dark is outstanding!- it's about $40 for a kit but you get what you pay for.

If you use honey, you need to dissolve it in water and simmer it, while skimming off the scum (I make a bit of Mead now and again)

My BIL brews all sorts of weird & wonderful stuff up and also grows his own hops. Some of it is drinkable...