Thursday, April 10, 2008

Reminiscing Tonight

Reminiscing tonight

40 years ago I first cheated the man with the scythe for the first time, when a garage roof has a close encounter with my house. IF I had been following instructions and had stayed put, I would have been dog-tucker.

I can remember the wind and the rain as if it were yesterday.

Having a few beers, playing one of my favorites ( the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald) and thinking of the poor bastards who didn't make it that day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Gord's Gold' is one of my all time favourite 'LP's' and had that song on it along with much of his best.

Anonymous said...

Dodging the reaper is usually a good thing.

Too bad so many who are far more deserving of the scythe manage to dodge it, while some of the best are taken instead.

Cheers to the good ones lost......