Saturday, May 05, 2007

Things NOT do do #3768

Buy a five year-old boy a very large & expensive Transformer!

Unless, that is- you

1- don't mind all day switching this very complicated gadget from truck to battle robot!
2- are prepared to spend all day changing his weaponry
3- can re-attach bits that come off
4- break up fighting over posession of same toy
5- like hearing the whole history of the Transforer collection repeated on a continuous loop
6- mind having the Transformer DVD resurrected and played endlessly
7- can make sense of the cryptic 28 step instructions- see point #1
8- have the patience of three saints on prozac

5 comments:

sweetpea said...

And that is after you spend 20 minutes getting the thing out of the packaging with small boy asking you to hurry up every 3 seconds.

Oswald Bastable said...

So- you brought one too!

Jimmy Jangles said...

I nominate you for best dad of the week award! Wait till the new movie comes out then you'll be broke!

kareynz said...

*snort* - I'm so grateful my kids are passed all that stuff now. I do remember getting son a Thomas the Tank Engine set. Mr K and I assembled it the night before X-mas to make sure it went and after watching it for about 10 minutes Mr K asked "Do you think they know they aren't actually accomplishing anything". :-/ okaaaaaaaay

sweetpea said...

No I haven't bought that transformer only the lego type block set ones, they are bad enough. I have also purchased Bratz dolls against my better judgement. They have packaging that requires serious tools (side cutters)to get into. Scissors won't do it.