Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Resurrection

I was given an ancient cultivator today. The owner just wanted it taken away, so she was spared a trip to the dump.

I was told it didn't go and hadn't run for at least 12 years.

I've just finished digging up bits of the garden with it!

All it needed was fuel, the spark plug cleaned and the carb. given a flush out. I will have to buy a new drive belt and a fuel line, but I guess I can live with that!

It's so old it should be in a museum! The thing is powered by a 120cc BSA engine, of all things.

I have lost count of the line trimmers, lawnmowers, chainsaws and other small engined things I have gotten for nothing or almost nothing.

People just give up when their stuff stops working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone should give you the Labour party, they don't work.

Oswald Bastable said...

Some things ain't worth fixing!

Oswald Bastable said...

They would be like a horse with a busted leg.

Dog Tucker!