Saturday, February 11, 2006

Breaking Rocks in the Hot Sun

Not quite- today was spent spreading crushed limestone, so it was more a case of shoveling broken rock in the hot sun.

All eight cubic metres of it.

Crushed limestone does a wonderful job of reflecting the sun's caress under your hat and right back in your face.

Back when I did such things for a living, that would have been a hour or two's work, but that was 25 years ago- when both hands worked.

One thing hasn't changed however- my reaction to idle smartarses who point out that it is far too hot to be doing such work.

The urge to wrap a fucking square-mouth shovel around their face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of guy who passions to seek different things. Right now I am constructing my personal photovoltaic panels. I am making it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I am using the internet as the only path to acheive that. I discovered a really amazing website which explains how to contruct solar panels and so on. The site explains all the steps needed for building solar panels.

I'm not sure about how correct the info given there iz. If some experts over here who had experience with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the site it will be great and I would highly treasure it, cause I really take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You people are great.