Friday, February 03, 2012

Just as well he isn't Chinese


"After falling in love with New Zealand nearly two decades ago, Hollywood movie mogul James Cameron vowed to make the country his home.
Cameron paid $20 million for more than 1000 hectares of farmland in South Wairarapa after twice visiting the two properties on the western shores of Lake Onoke last year.
In a statement issued today through his Hollywood lawyer, Cameron said it was love at first sight.
"I fell in love with New Zealand on a visit in 1994, and vowed to live here someday.
"Now that dream is becoming a reality..."
Link:

I had my eye on one of those properties, but the Powerball Gods were not kind to me...

1 comment:

Oi said...

I dont have a problem with anyone who comes and lives in NZ on property they purchase.

I do, however, have a problem with a conglomerate buying up large and shipping any and all profits off-shore.
Both scenarios do have the effect of raising the price of property out of the reach of our low-wage economy hopefuls.