Saturday, August 27, 2005

Lateness=rudeness

One of the indicators that standards are slipping in society is the acceptance of lateness.

I have been dropping my son off at school for a while now and often stay around until the bell goes at 9am. He is special needs and I like to keep up with what's going on at school, but that's another story.

As I am leaving, there is a regular procession of late arrivals- the same ones all the time. Would it be so hard to get your arse out of bed five minutes earlier? It's not just getting kids to school on time, this is epidemic. People can't/won't bother to get to appointments, meetings, social events on time. My wife's family is that unorganised, that I always give them a time of thirty minutes before the event is actually due to start.

When I have taken these people to task for their tardiness, I usually get something along the lines of "what's the big deal?" They seem genuinely puzzled that someone sees something wrong with their idleness.

Time is a non-renewable resource. DON'T FRICKIN' WASTE MINE!

No comments: