Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Yep, Northland...

"A woman waiting in a car while her husband paid for petrol at a central Whangarei service station had to fight off a man who got in the driver's seat and tried to drive away.
The attempted carjacking, at BP Wylies, on Maunu Rd, about 2pm on Monday, has left the 32-year-old shaken and questioning her positive impression of Whangarei. She also issued a warning for people to lock their cars at petrol stations even if there was someone in it - a warning echoed by police…."
Always have a screwdriver handy in your car. Nobody asks questions about a screwdriver. Unlike a bayonet.
Still, whatever the tool- they do not like it up 'em!

7 comments:

KG said...

Yep, that's the Northland we knew so well. And the further north, the worse it gets.

KG said...

Of course, it's not their fault...handing over more taxpayer-owned assets would fix the problem.

the conservative said...

But, KG you forgot extra welfare; that always helps.

KG said...

Dang...how remiss of me!

Oswald Bastable said...

No prizes for guessing the description of the offender!

paul scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paul scott said...

Ostable, I was in the seven eleven shop, and outside it was 32 degrees brother this is heat and weariness inThailand, and I had my wallet in my shirt pocket like a fool. Well this young Thai guy comes in to hug me, most unusual, Thais are stand off, and reaches up to my breast. You can be proud of me Ostable this was a hit an run. I hit him hard in abdomen,he crawled down. I went back to our car. My wife said its very dangerous in Thailand Paul Scott