Thursday, July 02, 2009

Not a good day

More medical problems with children, washing machines breaking down and a near miss on a icy road.

I need a human sacrifice to appease me (some council official will suffice though)

So I sent this one off to the local paper:

Who do they think they are fooling?

On reading the SWDC's website, I find in the questions and answers regarding water meters, this piece of economy regarding the truth:

Q. Will I have to pay for the cost of installing a meter?

A. No.

I believe the correct answer would be 'You have already paid for your meter through your rates'

This is the sort of dishonesty that starts 'The government pays for...'

The government (local or central) pays for NOTHING. Tax payers and ratepayers do.

A sign to this effect should hang the wall of every public servant's workplace!

No comments: