Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tax avoidance

After an 18 month break, I'm back into brewing my own.

The discounter that was selling dirt cheap beer is gone and the replacement's pencil is not nearly as sharp.

So sod him and the tax department- I'm back to making 40 pints for $12

I need another fermenter and the still will be coming back into use too.


On the subject, a clean up of the garage yielded 8 litres of misc. spirits and liquers, hidden behind assorted junk. This haul included several bottles of 19 year-old homemade Elderberry wine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's not blackberry nip?

- Jason.

sweetpea said...

Are you sure it is not vinger?;)

Anonymous said...

Alas, what to do. Pay a fraction more than cheap cheap and keep someone in real work or be cheap cheap and keep them on the dole?

Life is full of tough choices.

I'll save money on eggs instead by growing my own. The chickens are much loved and pampered while ignorant of their eventual roasting to come.

Oswald Bastable said...

It was vewry nice two years ago- quite like a good port.